Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tristan


Tristan
                What Gottfried von Strassburg wrote was very fascinating to me. I especially liked the section Enduring Sorrow for the Sake of Joy.  As I read this section, I thought how love can transform a person. Once you love someone, you want to be with them all the time. You don’t want to live without that person; therefore you become one with your significant other. Strassburg wrote, “They shared the same heart. Her anguish was his pain; his pain her anguish” (page 303). I believe that what Strassburg says is true. When you become one with another, you share everything with each other. Your feelings, desires, thoughts and maybe even actions all start to melt with each other.
My Parents! :)
                When I think of Tristan and Isolde being united, I can’t help but to think of my parents. I know my parents aren’t “soul mates” (because I believe that there is more than one person for everybody), but I know that they are a team, a single heart, a unified couple. I think that that’s what love ought to be—to become one with the other and to stand by each other’s side when times get tough. I think that when two people are unified, it’s easier to remember why they love each other, and what commitments they made to one another. By connecting my parents love to Tristan and Isoled’s love, it helps me visualize how in love they might be with each other. This personal connection actually makes me more grateful that I have parents who love each other and stand by each other's side because it reflects positively and it make s me want to find a nice young man that will do the same for me. Mahatma Gandhi stated, “I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings…Let us work together for unity and love.” It seems that he also knew the importance of unity between two people who love each other. In closing, unity is something that is an important element of love. If there wasn’t any unity in love, I don’t think that love would even work out. It would be a constant battle of wanting to put your needs first instead of thinking about the other. I’m glad that Strassburg mentioned unity in his article because if there were no joining of two people to create a single heart, then would it really be true love?

No comments:

Post a Comment